Saturday, April 11, 2015

Someone Paid Money for this Sign

Shari & I were at the NY/NJ Gem and Mineral Show held at NJ Expo and Convention Center in Edison today and after walking around the aisles with her for over 2 1/2 hours I was woozy from druzy when I looked over at this sign. Because we were in an "artsy" environment, I was trying to force the sign to make sense but after I called Shari over she confirmed that I was indeed looking at one big ugly typo.  A guy saw her taking the picture and asked if it was because of the spelling. So at least we weren't the only ones to notice. I always wonder if the owner of the sign notices the error. It was all I could do not to go over and point it out to the guy dispensing nuts and "non pareals." Shari noticed that goof when she was emailing me the pix. I hadn't even gotten that far down on the sign. Possible reactions from the counterman were a sigh, a shrug, a blank look, or punching me in the mouth, which I, in the end, kept shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment