Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shari Calls to Gloat

Chuck-will's-widow
Photo: Shari Zirlin
Shari, who was in NYC today, called me late this afternoon to tell me her "big news:" After she left her office for the day she went over to Bryant Park and saw (SAW mind you) the Chuck-will's-widow that was discovered yesterday snoozing on a branch. She even managed to take a photo with her phone through the viewfinder of someone's camera.

She knew I would be jealous. I've heard plenty of Chucks, but I've never actually seen this crepuscular species. It is even more amazing to find one in the center of the city. When I ended the call Shari was still laughing at my frustration.

I have to say that I'm very happy my wife got to observe an extremely difficult bird to see. I have to say that. And I am still incredibly jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment