Friday, November 19, 2010

Even a Blind Pig Finds a Truffle Once in a While

Before I even get started, can I point out that this proverb makes no sense; don't pigs find truffles by their sense of smell?

Moving along, sense or no sense, the point is that anyone can get lucky. In my case, the luck is this photograph. I'm not much of a photographer and I use a fairly low end digital camera and when I'm wearing my sunglasses and the sun is strong I really can't see through the viewfinder, so we can amend the saying to "even a blind photographer takes a nice shot now and then."

So, here's a photo of the Lily Pond at Prospect Park, taken under the conditions described above. It looks to me like one of those soft-focus color photographs Steichen used to make early in his career when he was trying to imitate French paintings. Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment