Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Let me tell you why that's a bad idea."

Driving home tonight from Jersey, we were listening to the local radio station. One of their ads is for Dunkin' Donuts, which is running a promo called Rush Hour Runs.

I've always thought the job I should have is to be a consultant on retainer and before any company would start a new campaign or come out with a new product or anticipate making any kind of change, they would run it by me first. I would point out to them what was wrong with the concept. Then I would get paid 10% of the money they didn't spend on their bonehead idea. 

In this case, I would simply point out to them that Rush Hour Runs sounds like having a bout of diarrhea in rush hour traffic.

Then they would write me a check and I'd go out birding until the next dumb idea was proposed.

1 comment: