Friday, April 22, 2016

Across the Street 4/22--Ruby-throated Hummingbird

I was sitting on our neighbor's patio this afternoon, watching him try to get an old CB radio functioning (why he had one and why he wanted to make it work remain inexplicable). They had their hummingbird feeder out. Shari put ours out as soon we got back from vacation. Sue asked me if we'd seen any hummingbirds yet and I said no, but very soon we should. Maybe next week. Or maybe in the next half hour because when I glanced over my shoulder to see if the mail truck was stopping by our boxes, a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird dashed over to their feeder, took a quick sip, then flew off. Now, right in the middle of all those exotic T&T hummers on my year list, the familiar ruby-throat sits, between Long-billed Starthroat and Blue-tailed Emerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment