Friday, May 8, 2020

Backyard 5/8--Rose-breasted Grosbeak



I always say, and it is even more pertinent of late, that the closer a bird is to my house, the more valuable it is to me. Today, a Rose-breasted Grosbeak finally showed up at our feeder. I say "finally" but that is just an indicator of my impatience, because this bird, based on past results, was right on time. Only yesterday I was remembering a World Series of Birding I did with Pete & Mike a few years ago. We stopped by my house to get turkey on the list and while we were sitting around, Pete heard a Rose-breasted in the woods behind the house. Tomorrow is the "virtual" WSB. Pete is no longer with us. We're birding alone for the WSB.  A lot has changed since that WSB 4 or 5 years ago. But the birds keep to their schedule, oblivious of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment