Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Contraption

I've been walking around Double Trouble this winter and every time I pass this truck I say to myself, "That's quite a contraption."

That's a good old American word that I like: contraption.

What this contraption does is sort and spit out cranberries. The cranberry harvest was back in October, before Superstorm Sandy closed down Double Trouble. I don't know why the Jeffrey's Branch Cranberry Co. hasn't retrieved its truck yet. Maybe the engine is water damaged. From the outside it is an admirable piece of machinery.


The conveyor belt is tilted into the bog where the cranberries are floating. They are pushed onto the belt and run up it to the sorting box where they are shaken through screens to separate the different sizes of berries then


They come out here!

Must be quite a sight to see what is essentially a cranberry cannon in operation.

Rube Goldberg would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment