Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pier One 10/18--Marsh Wren

I took a quick walk around Pier One late this afternoon. The park was very busy with parents and their children on the lawns, so birds were scarce and could only be found along the edges of the less traveled paths. But the "quality" bird (as Peter would say) I found near the end of my walk, a Marsh Wren, in, appropriately, the marsh (artificial), scurrying around in the high grass, but popping out a few times long enough to give me some very good, close views.

That's the 64th species recorded at the Pier (not counting some dubious records).

The sun was setting quite photogenically as I was leaving.

13 species in the gloaming:
American Black Duck  2
Mallard  2
Double-crested Cormorant  2
Ring-billed Gull  11
Herring Gull  3
Marsh Wren  1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
Gray Catbird  1
Palm Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Song Sparrow  1
White-throated Sparrow  10
Dark-eyed Junco  15

No comments:

Post a Comment