Thursday, September 29, 2011

Even the Utility Company

A few months ago I found this wonderful typo in neon:
http://birdsandwords-larryz.blogspot.com/2011/06/typo-in-neon.html
Today, paying my first water bill here in Whiting, I was studying the amusing little bill they send you on a perforated postcard, without even putting your zip code in the address. And when I read the address of where I should send my check, I experienced a feeling common to all proofreaders at one time or another, which is, "Maybe I don't know how to spell!" But no, I typed the word and spell checked it and I'm not crazy.

Even the utility company can't spell "UTILITIES."  After seeing that, I didn't even mind paying the bill.

UTILITES: It has a Biblical ring to it.
"And God smote the Utilites and the children of Israel rejoiced."

No comments:

Post a Comment