Thursday, January 16, 2014

Whitesbog 1/16--Tundra Swans


A 4 mile walk around the dikes of Whitesbog today. Pretty quiet, though around the village there was the biggest flock of juncos I've seen in quite a while. What I wanted were the Tundra Swans and there were lots of them, both on Union Pond and the bog across from it. They were my 100th species of the year. There were also 14 swans on the upper reservoir which is across the Burlington County line, which means I can also add Tundra Swan to my Ocean County list.
15 species
Canada Goose  85
Tundra Swan  73   
American Black Duck  3
Mallard  15
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  3    Heard
Carolina Chickadee  2    Heard
Carolina Wren  2    Heard
Hermit Thrush  1
American Robin  12
Song Sparrow  1
Dark-eyed Junco  50   
Northern Cardinal  1    Heard
American Goldfinch  2
On  Union Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment