Thursday, January 2, 2014

FOY Birds I Saw Today

No time for birding as a big snowstorm approaches and everyone gets hysterical on Back to Reality Day. But during my errands and while sitting at my desk I managed to come up with:

A Turkey Vulture on Schoolhouse Road (new for the county)
A couple of robins in the parking lot of Pine Belt Chevrolet (again, new for the county)
Two Wild Turkeys on the side of Route 70
A goose, Mallards and Ring-bill Gulls in the pond on Schoolhouse (more Ocean County FOY)
And at the feeders the most interesting (and by far, the rarest) bird was the continuing Pine Warbler eating peanut butter smeared on a pine cone.

I've filled the feeders and spread seed on the window sills. We have chicken, milk, toilet paper (but alas, no Pop Tarts) and we're ready for the storm. Now, if the power stays on, all will be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment