Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whiting WMA 2/15: Anthropomorphizing

The Ring-necked Duck was on the lake again this morning, this time in the company of 3 Mallards.
Notice that their tails are turned to him. I know I'm anthropomorphizing, but I'm starting to feel sorry for this duck. The other ducks snub him, want nothing to do with him. Yesterday the mergansers, today the Mallards. He needs some of his own species to pal around with.

Canada Geese flew over while I was walking to the lake. I'm wondering if they spend the night there.

List for the day:
15 Species
Canada Goose  5    f/o
Mallard  3    Lake
Ring-necked Duck  1    
Mourning Dove  6
Downy Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  1
Carolina Chickadee  14
Tufted Titmouse  6
White-breasted Nuthatch  3
Eastern Bluebird  3
Song Sparrow  2
Dark-eyed Junco  16
Northern Cardinal  1
American Goldfinch  3

No comments:

Post a Comment