Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunset Road, 11/6 4:30 PM

Click photo for larger image
"Whoa!" I exclaimed when a Turkey Vulture swooped by the kitchen window. Don't usually see them flying at eye level. I went over to the living room window and saw two of them in the dead tree across the path. Grabbed Shari's camera, figuring even I could take a decent photo of them.

Then Shari called my attention to a couple of woodpeckers a little higher on the tree. They turned out to be Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers. They ignored the vultures, the vultures ignored them. A Red-bellied Woodpecker flew in. Behind me, a Downy Woodpecker was calling in the dying pine tree. 3 Song Sparrows were bouncing around in the bush below the dead tree. A Blue Jay across the street was messing with the other birds, doing its imitation of Red-tailed Hawk. All this from our side yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment