Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Reed's Sod Farm 11/5--American Pipit flock

Reports of a large flock of American Pipits at the sod farm along Route 539, the reliable spot in September for American Golden Plovers, sent Shari and me out the door this morning. We've seen American Pipits before, but the most, at one time was 3 on the King Ranch in Texas many years ago. They were spread out on the sod, a fair distance away from the road, but easily seen with the scope and easily, if tediously, counted. I made it 88 birds. Impressive to me and, apparently, to eBird, which flagged the count (not the species) as unusual.

88 pipits is about 10 times more pipits than I've seen in the aggregate until today.

1 comment:

  1. The theme of your blog is very beautiful and the article is written very well, I will continue to focus on your article.

    Best Sod

    ReplyDelete