Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Backyard 1/3--Yellow-bellied Sapsucker


Another frigid morning. I looked out the window and saw a gray shape huddled against the pine tree. It turned out to be a fluffed up Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. It will need a little warmer weather to get any sap from that tree flowing. Sapsuckers turn up in our backyard only a couple of times of year, so seeing it first thing in the morning got the day off to a good start. It qualifies as my "one cool bird a day." The bonus is that today is a Feederwatch day, so it gets to go on that list too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, awesome blog and awesome photo :)! I would also have to agree that seeing a sapsucker qualifies as a COOL bird sighting for the day. I occasionally post photos of birds from our park as well. If you could check out my blog and follow back that would be highly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete