Monday, October 25, 2010

Pier 1 10/25

Add Chipping Sparrow and Red-winged Blackbird to the list of birds that have found their way to Pier 1.  The RWBB was an immature male, I'm pretty certain, judging from these half-way decent photos I took.

As in every other place I've gone the last few days, there were plenty of Yellow-rumped Warblers around.

I also found the burrow of the muskrat (I'm sure hoping it's a muskrat) that I saw there a few weeks ago. I could just see the snout of the little beast, but it wouldn't come out for a photo.

















In all, 12 species today in a little over an hour of walking around the paths and lawns.
Canada Goose    2
American Black Duck    4
Mallard    4
Double-crested Cormorant    3
Ring-billed Gull    2
European Starling    18
Yellow-rumped Warbler    8
Chipping Sparrow    1
Song Sparrow    6
Red-winged Blackbird    1    On southern lawn
American Goldfinch    2
House Sparrow    15
Pier 1 Salt Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment