Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Things Fall Apart

I open the washing machine and find my cell phone. Oops, have to buy a new cell phone. Here's the amazing part: the phone was wrecked but SIMS card was still good after going through the soak cycle, the wash cycle, the rinse cycle and especially the spin cycle, so I lost none of the 3 phone numbers I keep on my phone. The woman at T-Mobile was very helpful. 

We take the car in to the dealer for an oil change and find out the rear shocks are shot and the serpentine belt needs to be replaced, plus it needs more fluids than oil and the injectors have to be cleaned and it costs $1580 and we still don't know what a serpentine belt is or does.

We need a new battery for the landline phone and it turns out that it is practically cheaper to buy a new phone rather than replace the battery, and Radio Shack makes a sale.

I plug a new magenta cartridge into the HP printer. It's defective and leaks; the machine goes haywire so it’s off to Costco for a new printer. 

We're doing our best to keep the economy alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment